Our Residential Water Heater Service Technician Certification program prepares service technicians to install and repair standard residential electric (and gas) water heaters.
Upon completion, service technicians will:
- Understand basic electrical and electronic test instruments.
- Know the best practices for installing residential electric (and gas) water heaters for trouble-free service and long life.
- Be able to perform electrical and electronic tests to quickly and accurately diagnose residential electric water heater issues.
- Experience fewer customer callbacks through more accurate diagnostics.
Additional Helpful ResourcesPDF – Standard Electric – No Hot Water PDF – Standard Electric – Not Enough Hot Water
Basic Residential Water HeaterService Technician CertificationResidential Water Heater Service Technician Certification is designed to prepare service technicians to work on residential electric and gas water heaters. Upon completion, service technicians will be able to:
- Identify the most common electronic test readings taken to troubleshooot water heaters as well as the different varieties of multimeters used to obtain the measurements.
- Understand how installers are trained and the best practices for installing residential electric and gas water heaters.
- Quickly diagnose and repair the most common issues related to residential water heaters.
- Reduce customer callbacks and complaints.