Standard gas water heaters are the most common type. These video courses will help you learn the best practices for installation and service tips that will help reduce pilot outages and call backs.
Our Residential Water Heater Service Technician Certification program prepares service technicians to install and repair standard residential gas (and electric) water heaters.
Upon completion, service technicians will:
- Understand basic electrical and electronic test instruments.
- Know the best practices for installing residential gas (and electric) water heaters for trouble-free service and long life.
- Be able to perform electrical and electronic tests to quickly and accurately diagnose residential and gas water heater issues.
- Quickly repair the most common service problems related to residential gas water heaters.
- Experience fewer customer callbacks through more accurate diagnostics.
Additional Helpful ResourcesPDF – Mechanical Residential Gas Valve Troubleshooting PDF – Electronic Residential Gas Valve Troubleshooting
Basic Residential Water HeaterService Technician Certification
Residential Water Heater Service Technician Certification is designed to prepare service technicians to work on residential electric and gas water heaters.
Upon completion, service technicians will be able to:
- Identify the most common electronic test readings taken to troubleshooot water heaters as well as the different varieties of multimeters used to obtain the measurements.
- Understand how installers are trained and the best practices for installing residential electric and gas water heaters.
- Quickly diagnose and repair the most common issues related to residential water heaters.
- Reduce customer callbacks and complaints.